The Sahitya Akademi (India’s National Academy of Letters) had its Annual Festival of Letters in February 2017, during which the Creation Myth of six tribal groups were narrated and presented in the original languages (Kurukh/ Oraon, Munda, Santali, Kharia, Ho and Biryia/ Asur).
Here are two videos that were shown with live-streaming and are available on Youtube.
The session is in two parts:
Part I has narrators from Munda, Kurukh/ Oraon, Ho and Birjiya/ Asur;
Part II has narrators from Kharia and Santali.
Source: courtesy Dr. Ivy Imogene Hansdak (Assistant Professor, Department of English, Jamia Millia Islamia University New Delhi)
- For up-to-date information on any of the above topics (e.g. Creation Myth), use the search window here: Google custom search – Indian press coverage of tribal culture and education >>
- Learn more about Government institutions and NGOs: Govt. of India, NGOs and international
- Use the WorldCat.org search field seen here for authors or titles dealing with the above mentioned topics or persons (e.g. Creation Myth India):
|Search for an item in libraries near you:|
- Creation myth
- Languages and linguistic heritage
- Literature and bibliographies
- Names of communities mentioned above:
Asur | Biryia [Birjia] | Ho | Kharia | Kurukh | Munda | Oraon | Santal
- New Delhi
- Sahitya Akademi
- Success story
- Tribal identity
- Worship and rituals