Photos: Boro Baski © 2011
Direct link: click here to view the Picasa photo album >>
- Primary school students and teachers of RSV school
- Students and teachers from Chandana di’s school, Santiniketan
- Students from ‘Johar’, Dumka-Jharkhand
- Baidyanath Murmu (Drawing and Wall painting)
- Probhat Bagdi (Clay modeling and Katum-kutum)
The workshop is a fitting tribute to Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941) on the occasion of his 150th anniversary. The poet, composer, painter and social reformer is known as Gurudev (Great Teacher). He took a keen interest in the life and customs of the Santal communities around Santiniketan, the location chosen for his new school. The internationally renowned Visva-Bharati university founded by him is the chief inspiration for the founders of the R.S. Vidyashram school. Here traditional values and modern pedagogical practice are integrated in a non-formal manner. This ensures that the learning and social needs of rural children from the Santal community receive special attention.